Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Biologic #2 - The Humira Trials

Well a lot has happened since I last wrote. I caved in and started metho again, got laid off from my old job, found a new one, and now we're in another months-long flare! I'm trying to keep positive, but some days it is hard. This is a great outlet, at least.

Anyway, it appears the Enbrel is no longer working, so my rhuemy is switching me to Humira. We'll try every other week to start, with the possibility of moving to every week if needed. Fortunately, this is another category B drug, so if pregnancy yearnings enter the brain again, I would be able to stay on it (confirmed with my OB). I'd have to get off the metho, though, which I'm seriously considering since I've lost about 1/3 of my hair over the last 6 months!

I guess we'll see how the Humira works first. In the meantime, I'm rocking a cute bob and highlights to help cover things up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and experiences! If you have any questions, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.