Friday, August 19, 2011

Sometimes RA changes even the simplest things...

Normally, I don't consider myself as living my life ruled by RA. Yes, I have it and yes, I have to make some modifications to deal with it - but I'm lucky enough to not be in pain all the time or always walk with a limp. So, it was somewhat surprising to me when I realized the other day just how much RA really has taken over/changed certain aspects of my daily life.

As I was getting ready on Tuesday, I thought to myself "Oh, it's shot day - gotta do that before getting dressed." And then on Wednesday before bed, as I was taking my usual meds, I caught myself thinking "Oh, it's methotrexate day - gotta add those pills to the mix." As I thought more about it, I realized Tuesday-Friday is no longer Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. It's shot day, metho day, leucovorin day and shot day again. Kind of funny/surprising how RA has changed even something as simple as the days of the week.

Have you noticed similar simple, yet surprising changes?

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I've changed little things from the way I open doors to how I style my hair based on whether or not I could maintain it during a flare. Sometimes I make these adjustments consciously, sometimes not.

    (I've been lurking for a while now but this was something I've been thinking about recently too and so I thought I'd finally post something in response).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. I spent 15 minutes today filling morning/evening pillboxes for the upcoming week. I take, literally, a handful of pills first thing in the morning and before bed each night, and all of them are either directly for RA or in support of my body's functions while I take those RA meds. And that's just pills. Each day, what I plan to do and what I'm able to do are directly influenced by what my RA or its co-pain-in-the-butt trochanteric bursitis are doing to me. They definitely color my days, my mood and my life.

    I've missed you, ValleyWriter! I hope this finds you feeling well and being happy as autumn approaches. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and experiences! If you have any questions, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.