Monday, June 13, 2011

Thoughts & Prayers for RA Superbitch's Family

I'm not sure how many of you read Confessions of an RA Superbitch, but I just found out on her Facebook page that she recently passed away. I am in a state of shock. I don't know all of the details, but I assume it was from RA complications. I knew she was having a lot of trouble finding a treatment that would work for her, but I really didn't expect this. I suppose you never really expect it in a 30-something mother. It's scary. It's heart breaking. And it hits way too close to home.

I've worked hard to push all the complications and dangerous medication side effects out of my mind. I figured what good could they do? But this brings them all rushing back. I try not to take things for granted as it is, but this really brings things into focus.

Please, hug your families a little bit closer and hold on a little bit tighter tonight. And send prayers out to RA Superbitch's husband and young son. Rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still in shock also :( Way to close to home and so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked to read of yet another death in the ra community. I can't imagine the pain her family is going through right now. When one of us passes, we all lose a piece of ourselves. I hope in heaven she is at last pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her friend Tabby posted that the doctors think it was a complication to a surgical procedure she had that was unrelated to her RA. That's all that was there. It's on Suoer Bitch's FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I just found SuperBitch's blog this week. I'm in my 30's w/ JRA and really appreciated what she had to say. I too am in shock. I found your blog on hers and can't believe this! Her husband & son are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've been waiting for an updated post on her blog and couldn't figure it out. I can't believe that! So sad and shocked

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and experiences! If you have any questions, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.