A couple of these wonderful ladies have passed along the Sugar Doll award to me:
For this award, you're supposed to post 10 interesting things about yourself, then pass along the award to 5 other great bloggers. Well, I think all of my readers who have blogs are great bloggers - so this goes out to all of you!!
And because inquiring minds want to know - here's 10 things about me:
1. I used to volunteer on an underwater rescue team. I did everything from driving the boat, holding guide ropes for our ice divers and (when it wasn't icy) being a rescue diver myself.
2. I'm a writer not only online here, but also in my professional life. I write things like those "Exercise & Arthritis" brochures they have at the doctor's office, as well as those "School Bus Safety" coloring books your kids get on the first day of school.
3. My dream of dreams is to own my own bed & breakfast some day.
4. I LOVE the ocean. I would spend every day walking the beach if I could.
5. Per above, I got married on the beach at sunset - barefoot, toes in the sand, with just my parents & in-laws watching.
6. In college, I did my own "independent major" in biology & writing. It was a fun and liberating experience to create my own course of study.
7. I love to bake. I'm always fiddling with something in the kitchen - homemade bread, pizza dough, cookies, cakes, etc.
8. At the time of my RA diagnosis, I was actually in the best shape of my life. I had lost 70 lbs. and kept it off for a year, I was running every day & eating well. Makes you sometimes wonder about fairness in the universe... but I'm trying not to hold a grudge ;-)
9. I love book series that use the same character(s) throughout - the alphabet books by Sue Grafton, the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. It's like catching up with an old friend everytime there's a new addition.
10. My favorite way to change up my look is to dye my hair. I've been a variety of shades of blonde and brunette - and these days I'm sporting a dark raspberry red. Gotta keep it interesting!
I'd love hear some interesting things about you - either on your blog or in the comments. Let's get to know each other!